Loudon, NH — The 16th race of the 1997 NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour, The New Hampshire 125, is scheduled for Sunday August 17, at New Hampshire International Speedway. It will be the third of four series races scheduled at NHIS in 1997. Mike Stefanik was the winner of the 100-lap event on May 31. Tim Connolly won the 50-lap race held on July 12.
- The race distance for this event was 75 laps in 1996 and has been increased to 125 laps in 1997.
- Qualifying for the New Hampshire 125 will take place on Aug. 16 at 2:00 p.m. The top 36 cars will advance from time trials. Four provisional positions have also been established increasing the starting field to 40 cars.
- On Saturday, Aug. 16, at approximately 6:00 p.m., there will be a fan appreciation party and autograph session in the NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour garage area. Fans will be allowed access to the garage area with an opportunity to meet drivers from the series and see the cars up close.
- Starting time for the New Hampshire 125 is 12:45 p.m. on Sunday, August 17.
- Tony Hirschman is the defending champion of this race.
- This will be the 23rd NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour race held at NHIS. Current series drivers with victories at NHIS are: Tim Connolly, Mike Ewanitsko, Hirschman (3), Reggie Ruggiero (5) and Mike Stefanik (3).
- The series qualifying record at NHIS is 130.918 mph (29.093 seconds) set by Mike Ewanitsko on 4/14/91.
- The 125-lap series race record at NHIS is 94.560 mph (1 hour, 23 minutes, 52 seconds) set by Mike McLaughlin on 9/2/90. The record was set at the first series race ever held at NHIS.
- Reggie Ruggiero holds the record with a career total of 12 top-5 finishes at NHIS.
Sources: NASCAR PR