Richmond, VA — The 23rd and final NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour race of the 1997 season, The General Mills Ukrop’s Fall 150, is scheduled for Saturday Nov. 1st at Richmond International Raceway.
– Posted awards are $88,270 for the 150-lap event.
– Qualifying will take place on Friday, Oct 31. at 2:00 p.m. The top 32 cars will advance to the race. The remaining four positions will be filled by provisional positions.
– The General/Mills/Ukrop’s Fall 150 will be televised by ESPN2 on a same-day tap delay basis. Air time is 9:00 p.m. Nov. 1.
– The will be the first series event at Richmond since 1993 and the 5th in series history. Rick Fuller was the winner of the first series race in 1990. Current drivers with series victories at Richmond are Mike Stefanik (1991 and 1993) and Reggie Ruggiero (1991).
– Drivers who have started one NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour race in 1997 and competed at the first series race in 1990 include: Rick Fuller, Jan Leaty, Jamie Tomaino, Tom Bolles, Mike Ewanitsko, Tom Baldwin, George Brunnhoelzl, Satch Worley, Bob Park, Tony Hirschman, S.J. Evonsion, Mike Stefanik, Reggie Ruggiero and George Kent.
– Mike Stefanik has already clinched the 1997 NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour championship. However, Tim Connolly (3177) and Rick Fuller (3137) are separated by only 40 points in the battle for the runnerup position.
– At the first 22 races of the 1997 season 111 different drivers have attempted to qualify for at least one NASCAR Featherlite Modified Tour race.
– To date, 153 different lead changes have occurred in the series in 1997 for an average of 7 per race.
Sources: NASCAR PR