Daytona Beach, FL — The New England Dodge Dealers 150 will be the third of four appearances in 2008 at Stafford (Conn.) Motor Speedway for the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour. The eighth race of the season will go green on Friday, Aug. 8.
At Stafford Motor Speedway:
- Since the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour formed in 1985, there have been 88 races at Stafford Motor Speedway.
- There have been 27 different race winners at SMS, led by Mike Stefanik’s 19 victories, which is 10 more than Reggie Ruggiero, who is second place driver on the SMS wins list.
- There have been 34 different pole winners at SMS, led by Stefanik’s 14.
- Ted Christopher captured the first NWMT race at SMS this year, the Tech-Net Spring Sizzler … Chuck Hossfeld won the second event at the track, the TSI Harley-Davidson 150.
- Christopher had the longest win streak in the history of the NWMT at SMS with four-straight victories from Sept. 30, 2001 to Aug. 23, 2002.
- No driver has swept every NWMT event at SMS during a calendar year. Ruggiero (1987), Stefanik (1990, 1997, 1998) and Christopher (2002) have won three races in the same year.