Canaan, NH– Starting third in a 24 car field, Eric Goodale of Wading River, NY, took the lead on lap 13 and went on to win the Modified Racing Series, sponsored by BobValentiAutoMall.Com, 112 lap, Ricky Miller Memorial Race, Saturday night, at the Canaan Fair Speedway, Canaan, NH. It was Goodale’s first win with the series. He also became the ninth different winner in ten races this season.
Pole sitter Jon McKennedy East Chelmsford, MA., led the first 12 laps giving up the lead position to Goodale on lap 13. Goodale was pursued by Steven Masse, Bellingham, MA., for several laps, Mike Holdridge, Madison, CT., and then Dwight Jarvis, Ascutney, VT. The race was slowed on lap 101 for a caution period that closed up the field. On the restart, Jarvis tried every move possible to get by the race leader but Goodale was equal to the task.
At the finish, Goodale beat Jarvis by .149 seconds with McKennedy .141 seconds behind Jarvis.
It was one of the closest finishes in season history.
Five caution periods slowed the race that was contested in 59 minutes 16 seconds.
15 cars finished the race on the lead lap.
The Modified Racing Series returns to action at Beech Ridge Motor Speedway, Scarborough, ME Saturday night, August 7.
Sources: Tyler Apanell/MRS PR
Unofficial Order of Finish:
Finish, Start, Driver, Hometown, Laps, Status
1. 3, Eric Goodale, Wading River, NY, 112, Running
2. 6, Dwight Jarvis, Ascutney, VT, 112, Running
3. 1, Jon McKennedy, Chelmsford, MA, 112, Running
4. 2, Mike Holdridge, Madison, CT, 112, Running
5. 23, Rowan Pennink, Huntingdon Valley, PA, 112, Running
6. 11, Rob Goodenough, Swanzey, NH, 112, Running
7. 19, Max Zachem, Preston, CT, 112, Running
8. 16, Jacob Dore, Sanford, ME, 112, Running
9. 15, Charlie Pasteryak, Lisbon, CT, 112, Running
10. 4, Steve Masse, Bellingham, MA, 112, Running
11. 9, Joey Jarvis, Ascutney, VT, 112, Running
12. 5, Jack Bateman, Canaan, NH, 112, Running
13. 20, Norm Wrenn, Nashua, NH, 112, Running
14. 8, Eddy Spiers, Beacon Falls, CT, 112, Running
15. 24, Joe Doucette, Framingham, MA, 112, Running
16. 12, Ken Barry, Preston, CT, 99, Overheating
17. 10, Geoff Gernhard, Salem, CT, 57, Accident
18. 17, Kenny White Jr., Weare, NH, 57, Rear End
19. 7, Todd Annarummo, Swansea, MA, 56, Mechanical
20. 14, Jim Dolan, Bethel, CT, 52, Mechanical
21. 13, Les Hinckley III, Windsor Locks, CT, 38, Suspension
22. 18, Sean Bodreau, Claremont, NH, 21, Accident
23. 21, Bryon Baker, Claremont, NH, 17, Oil Pump
24. 22, Mike Douglas Jr., Penacook, NH, 10, Transmission
DNQ: Arthur Heino, Dana Smith, Mike Keeler, Bobby Drown
Date: July 24, 2010
Event: Ricky’s Race for Kids (#11 of 19)
Venue: Canaan Fair Speedway- Canaan, New Hampshire
Distance: 112 Laps
Margin of Victory: .149
Best Lap Time: Rowan Pennink, 13.777, 87.015 MPH
Time of Race: 59:16:00
Lap Leaders: Jon McKennedy (1-12), Eric Goodale (13-112)
Cautions: Lap 17 (Les Hinckley III flat LF tire), Lap 19 (Jacob Dore & Charlie Pasteryak spin in Turn 3), Lap 20 (Sean Bodreau wrecks on front stretch), Lap 57 ( Geoffrey Gernhard turns Charlie Pasteryak on the backstretch, Jack Bateman spins to avoid accident), Lap 101 ( Joey Jarvis spins in Turn 4)