Stafford Springs, CT — Stafford Motor Speedway along with CARQUEST Auto Parts are constantly searching for innovative ways to be involved in the community through local charitable organizations and 2011 will be no different with the addition of the CARQUEST Champions for Charities race event. This special event, which is set to accompany the 8th Annual CARQUEST Extreme Tuesday event on June 28, 2011, will be an invitation only format that will pair charitable organizations with talented open-wheel champions from the past and the present. Stafford Speedway and CARQUEST will post a guaranteed minimum donation of $3,000 to the driver’s charities.
“The concept is to get the fans and charitable organizations involved in a fun event that will showcase driving talents of past open-wheel champions,” said Mark Arute, Stafford Speedway General Manger, “We feel that the CARQUEST Champions for Charities event will compliment the already exciting CARQUEST Extreme Tuesday show offering a unique experience for the drivers and the fans.”
The race format is two 8-lap qualifying races and a 15-lap feature on the Stafford Mini Mile with drivers piloting Senior Outlaw Caged Go-Karts from the Wild Thing Kart Series. Each driver will have a specified charity that they will be representing. Beginning in January and culminating on the race day, fans will be able to donate money to their favorite driver’s charity. The driver posting the most funds raised will obtain a preferred starting position in the qualifying races. Stafford Speedway and CARQUEST are pledging a guaranteed $3,000 dollars to be distributed evenly to all the driver charities.
“At CARQUEST we strive to bring the fans the most exciting events possible, we are very excited to be able to add a unique event to the Extreme Tuesday show,” said CARQUEST Vice President of Marketing Rich Pallai. “Giving back to the community is very important to us and being able to pair that with a new exciting racing event is exactly what the CARQUEST/Stafford Speedway partnership is about.”
CARQUEST Extreme Tuesday will take place on June 28, 2011 and will also feature the ISMA Super Modifieds, NEMA Midgets, and Pro-4 Modifieds. For more information on this event contact the Speedway Office. Stay tuned to staffordspeedway.com for driver announcements, details about the Senior Outlaw Go-Kart, and updates on the event.
CARQUEST Champions for Charities Overview:
· The Event – CARQUEST Extreme Tuesday June 28, 2011
· The Car – Wild Thing Kart Senior Outlaw Caged Kart
· The Drivers – 12 to 15 Past Open-Wheel Champions by Invitation only.
· The Charities – Each driver will select their preferred charity. The method of donations is dependent upon the charitable organization and will be forthcoming on staffordspeedway.com. Stafford Speedway and CARQUEST will donate a guaranteed $3000 to be distributed evenly to all the charities.
· The Race – Two 8-lap qualifying races with the pole sitters being the two drivers who had raised the most funds for their charities. The heat races will cumulate with a 15-lap feature, races will be held on the Stafford Mini-Mile.
· Driver Appreciation – The top fundraising driver at the conclusion of the fundraising period will receive a “Racer’s Gift Pack” and the winner of the event will receive a “Champion’s Gift Pack.”
Sources: Paul Arute/Stafford Motor Speedway PR