Daytona Beach, FL — The NASCAR Whelen Modified and Whelen Southern Modified Tours will get together for the lone combination race of the season this Wednesday, Aug. 24 for the UNOH Perfect Storm 150 at Bristol (Tenn.) Motor Speedway.
Selected Driver Highlights:
Eric Beers (NWMT No. 45 Chevrolet)
• Has two wins, nine poles and 66 top 10s in 163 career NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour starts.
• Is sixth in points with five top 10s in nine races.
• Has overall finishes of 14th in both of his previous races at Bristol Motor Speedway.
Justin Bonsignore (NWMT No. 51 Chevrolet)
• The 2010 Sunoco Rookie of the Year.
• Has a win, two poles and 10 top 10s in 25 starts.
• Is 11th in points with a win and four top-fives.
• Earned the pole at BMS in 2010 and finished sixth overall.
Tim Brown (NWSMT No. 02 Chevrolet)
• Finished second in the championship standings a record three times from 2006-2008.
• Has 64 career NWSMT starts, ranks second in top-five finishes with 38 and has 52 top-10 finishes.
• Finished 30th overall in his only previous start at BMS in 2010.
• Has six wins, the most recent came on Sept. 4, 2010 at Langley Speedway, his first since 2008.