DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour opens its 2012 season at Caraway Speedway on Sunday, March 25 with the Spring Classic 150. Below is a statistical look at the performance of selected drivers in the series:
Select Driver Highlights:
Tim Brown (No. 02 Hayes Jewelers/T&C Motorsports Chevrolet)
• Finished second in the season-ending points standings a record three times from 2006-2008.
• Has 73 career NASCAR Whelen Southern Modified Tour starts, ranks second in top-five finishes with 41 and has 61 top-10 finishes.
• Has made 30 starts at Caraway with 24 top-10 and 15 top-five finishes.
• Has seven wins, the most recent came on Oct. 13, 2011 at Charlotte Motor Speedway.
George Brunnhoelzl III (No. 09 Phoenix Pre-owned/Triad Auto Sales Chevrolet)
• The 2009 & 2011 NWSMT champion will attempt to become the first three-time champion this season.
• Owner of 11 wins, 13 poles and 42 top 10s in 56 career NWSMT starts.
• Has five wins and 18 top-10 finishes in 25 starts at Caraway. The last win was on Oct. 22, 2011 at Caraway Speedway.
• Also has five career Coors Light Pole Awards at Caraway.