DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will open the 2012 season with the Icebreaker on Sunday, April 15 at Thompson (Conn.) International Speedway. Below is a statistical look at the performance of selected drivers on the Tour:
Selected Driver Highlights:
Eric Beers (No. 45 Horwith Freightliner/John Blewett Inc. Ford)
• Has two wins, nine poles and 72 top 10s in 170 career NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour starts.
• Ranked third in the final 2011 standings, the best finish of his career.
• Has a win, a pole and 17 top 10s in 43 career starts at Thompson International Speedway.
• Had three top 10s in four starts at Thompson in 2011.
Justin Bonsignore (No. 51 M3 Technology Chevrolet)
• Has a win, three poles and 16 top 10s in 32 career NWMT starts.
• Finished seventh in points last year following a Sunoco Rookie of the Year campaign in 2010.
• Has two top 10s in seven career starts at Thompson with a best finish of fifth in the 2011 Icebreaker.
Ted Christopher (No. 36 AL-Lee Installations Chevrolet)
• The 2008 NWMT champion. Has 42 wins and 23 poles and 168 top 10s in 306 career starts. His 42 wins rank third all-time and his 23 poles are eighth. Has at least one win in 13-straight seasons.
• Led the NWMT with four wins in 2011 and finished ninth in points despite missing two races.
• Has 13 wins, six poles, 39 top 10s and 1,723 laps led in 75 career starts at Thompson.
• Was the Icebreaker winner in 2004, 2005, 2009 and 2011 and has won seven of the last 11 races at Thompson overall.
• Has unofficially registered 92 total career wins at Thompson.