Analyzing The TSI Harley-Davidson 125 Presented By G-Oil
DAYTONA BEACH, Fla. – The NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour will race under the lights for the first time in 2013 with the TSI Harley-Davidson 125 presented by G-Oil on Friday, May 24 at Stafford (Conn.) Motor Speedway. Below is a statistical look at the performance of series and selected drivers at the track:
Stafford Race Setup:
• Bobby Santos has won the last two NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour races at Stafford Motor Speedway, and five of his last 11 starts there overall.
• Reigning NWMT champion Doug Coby won three of the four races at Stafford last year, including the TSI Harley-Davidson 125.
• Following a rainout at Monadnock Speedway, this will be the first race since the NWMT last visited Stafford on April 28, for a span of 26 days between events.
AT STAFFORD MOTOR SPEEDWAY:
• The Stafford Springs Agricultural Park opened in 1870. The current race track was originally used for horse racing, which gave way to automobiles after World War II.
• Stafford Motor Speedway became a NASCAR track in 1959 and was paved in 1967.
• Stafford is one of nine tracks that have been a part of the NASCAR Whelen All-American Series program in each of its now 32 years of competition.